On Instagram, I’ve been seeing tons and tons of acai bowls! For a while I thought it was only a West Coast thing since I would ALWAYS get my acai bowls in Hawaii before going to the beach. Now, though, more and more acai bowl (and poké) places have opened up in my area! They’re BY FAR my favorite post-workout snack and I love to eat them in the morning too if I don’t feel like stomaching a large meal.
I’ve had my fair share of acai bowl attempts but I can’t find the right base and fruit mix to make my bowls yummy. However, I have found a bowl that I love to make with a frozen berry mix! It definitely gives you the same color as an acai bowl and berries are a lot easier to find at the grocery store!
Total Cook Time: 5 minutes
⚬ Ingredients ⚬
1 handful of Kale Greens
2 cups of frozen berry mix
1/2 cup of Nature Valley’s Oats ’n Honey Protein Granola
1 cup of water
⚬ Directions ⚬
1. Place greens, frozen berries, one sliced banana, and water into blender. (I like to use my Nutribullet)
2. Blend until thick consistency.
3. Place granola and banana slices on top.
Helpful Tricks and Advice
- To get the thick consistency, try to abstain from using liquids.
- Mash and mix ingredients in between blends to save your blender blades
- Use a small spatula to ensure you are getting 100% of the smoothie into your bowl
- Pretty filling, so don’t overpower the granola! Liberal, but not TOO liberal. The granola I suggested has 10g of Protein per 1/2 cup.
- Rinse out blender a quickly as possible! This berry mix has seeds and can stick to your blender if you decided to only soak in the sink. Same advice applies to the whatever bowl and spoon you decide to use!
Want to read more?
- 50 Clean Eating Recipies for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- A Little Before-Lunch Snack
- Brand Spotlight | LUSH
What do you like to eat for breakfast? What’s your favorite fruit? Do you have time to make a full breakfast? Let’s start a conversation! Comment below and tell me about it! Also, please make sure to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.